If you are anything like me, this nationwide lockdown has made me eat my feelings. I have found every excuse under the sun to bring out my recipe book and try something new – and majority of the time it has eased my sweet tooth. There is not much available at the shops in terms of baking ingredients, so I boxed clever and made a staple that I could actually find the ingredients in my grocery cupboard. PLUS you can make it in your microwave, and it is so quick and easy that you will find yourself reaching for this time and time again. Just please be careful of the hot sugar – this can cause serious burns and I would hate for any of you to get injured.
400g (500ml) Sugar
1 can Condensed Milk
25ml Vanilla Essence
10ml White Vinegar
1. Line a pan with silicone paper or foil.
2. Spray with Spray & Cook.
3. Microwave the butter for 1 minute in a deep microwaveable dish at 100% power.
4. Add the sugar, condensed milk and salt (to taste).
5. Do not stir, then microwave for 1 minute on 100% power.
6. Stir well with a wooden spoon.
7. Microwave for 10 minutes, stirring every 3 minutes.
8. Add the vanilla essence and vinegar.
9. Stir with a wooden spoon until the mixture thickens.
10. Spoon into your pan, and smooth out.
11. Leave to cool slightly, and cut into squares before the fudge gets too hard.
12. Leave to cool completely and turn out from pan.
13. Break into blocks and enjoy!
This is honestly the easiest fudge recipe, and we have been making this since I was a small child. I love that you can make it in the microwave as well so you don’t have to stand for ages stirring the mixture in the pot. I add the salt to help break the extreme sweetness, but my mum has been known to add coffee or nuts too. Let me know any additions that you add too – I am sure I will be making this a few more times over the coming weeks…