I was given this recipe from a family member following a Christmas dinner, & whenever I have made it since it has been a huge hit! Yesterday we had our Christmas lunch with our friends, & it reminded me again of how popular & yummy it is – so I knew I had to share it with you. Perhaps you could even make it for your next family celebration?
1 cup Sugar
1 cup Cake Flour
2 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Ginger
Pinch of Salt
1 cup Cream
100g melted Butter
2 cups cooked, mashed Butternut/Pumpkin
5 tsp Butter
1/4 cup Cold Water
1 cup Brown Sugar
3/4 cup Milk
2 Tbl Maizena Corn Flour
- Set oven to 160°C.
- Sift dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl; mix the eggs, cream & butter. Add the butternut & mix.
- Add the dry ingredients & mix.
- Place the mixture into a greased oven dish & bake for 2 hours.
- While the pie is baking, mix all the sauce ingredients together & cook in microwave a little bit at a time until thick.
- Once the pie is cooked, pour the sauce over the top.
- Place back in the over for roughly 10 minutes until the sauce has soaked in & the pie is baked through.
This can be served as a main with your meat & veggies, but also enjoyed as a dessert with cream on top.
I am sure that you will love it! Please tag me in your pics when you try it yourself.